Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's

The New Year's Eve-celebration was held at my uncle's place in Övarp, Norra Strö - the hometown. It was a very nice visit, especially since all of my mother's siblings were there. She has three brothers and one sister. It's not often they all get to see each other at the same time. We were treated to great food (salmon) and the neighbours provided the fireworks display. My uncle has cattle and they were very afraid of the fireworks, but I think they survived it.

The next day we got out of bed pretty late. For obvious reasons. I stayed at my mother's place until the evening, because my sister and her family were driving down from Borås that day. We just had time to eat dinner together and then both my aunt and I had to leave. It was Sunday-traffic so the trains were not that frequent. It actually took three hours for me to get back home again. One hour longer than usual.

I forgot to mention that my mother's boyfriend gave me an extra Christmas present. He has helped me a lot with the electrical problems in my apartment and he had complained a little about my small selection of tools. So now he got me a large set of screwdrivers.....

And finally I would like to wish the readers of this blog a Happy New Year!

No comments: