Welcome to Tessa's blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Block Island visit

The visit to Block Island was very relaxing, more like a vacation. Anders and his father Peter were there also, and they cooked for me and also treated me to lunches at restaurants. We made several visits to the ice-cream place in the village. Very tasty. When Anders and I went over there on the ferry, it was terrible weather; rainy and very windy. Some people got seasick, but not us. It rained very much the entire night, and then it changed into very sunny weather all of a sudden. I spent some time at the beach and got a little burnt, so the next day I got a sun hat in the village. Apart from beach visits, I read a few books and just tried to take it easy. Anders and I made it back today to Jane's place in northeastern Connecticut, after a logistically challenging trip by car, ferry and car again.

No comments: