Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Booked trip

Several afternoons this week I have taken trips to malls and clothing stores to see if I can do any bargain shopping. Right now, many clothing stores have half price off the sales price, so it's very affordable. But there are not that many clothes worth buying, since it's at the end of the season. I did get some underwear and a pair of black jeans. Yesterday evening I went by train to Helsingborg, a very nice town on the west coast of Skåne. There is a great place to eat called Ebba's. It's decorated entirely in the 1950's style, with a jukebox, posters of rock'n'roll bands of the era and ads for old chocolate brands, for instance. The food is good too, with homemade french fries and very large cookies. I especially recommend the raspberry cheesecake.

I'm making preparations for a trip to the United States this fall. I have recently got a brand new passport and also a new driver's license. The trip is now booked, and I will arrive in Boston on September 5. I'm flying with Icelandair this time, it will be a new experience. Return date is October 29. In between these dates I was thinking of visiting some of my relatives, engage in genealogical research and do some serious shopping. The exchange rate is favourable for us right now. I might have to get an extra suitcase on the way home...

No comments: