Welcome to Tessa's blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Hot weather

The second half of last week was very hot. We were at the storage a few times to shelve. It was shocking to open the door and enter into 18 degrees from the outside temperature of 30. But we got a few books back in place and that was the intention.

I took Friday off so I drove to the summerhouse Thursday evening. My sister and her kids were there. We jumped into the ocean several times, even though the water wasn't that warm, only around 18-19 degrees. Friday my father and some friends arrived to celebrate some birthdays. The strawberry cake was very nice.

Saturday morning the adult women went on a fleamarket round in Ă…hus. We had really made plans to stand and sell ourselves this weekend but it wasn't possible because of the hot weather. Sunday it was 34 degrees. There was nothing you could do, just sit and breathe. In the evening we went for a dip in the ocean again. Later I drove back home to my place.

Over night it all changed and it's now much cooler. This week at work I brought the two extra workers to the storage for the first time. I gave the speech about health and safety and then we got even more shelving done. They don't seem to be intimidated by any of this, which is good.

Many stores have just started the summer sales and I have already been shopping. Yesterday evening I went to a mall. Sadly, several of the stores there had closed so there wasn't much to buy. I only got a top in the plus size store.

No comments: