Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Car boot sale

The hot weather is straining. It has been up to 32 degrees the past four-five days. I spent the weekend at the summerhouse and went for several dips into the ocean. Saturday my mother and I were at a car boot sale to try to get rid of some things. Success was limited. People were probably at the beach instead. It was an ordeal to stand there for hours but we had a good spot and got some shade from the car.

Sunday I drove to my birthplace, Norra Strö. There was an open house with music entertainment at the historical society. Quite a few people attended. One woman that I didn't recognize was very interested in local history so I assisted her in finding information on some emigrants and what house they had lived in. It turns out that she had found her American relatives and they are coming to visit next year, so she was doing some on-site research to prepare for this. She was lucky because the ancestral home is very old but still standing.

At work I mostly have desk duty and spend as much time as possible at the storage. We already got several summer projects done, and there are three weeks left. The extra workers are young and have a lot of energy, so it's going well.

No comments: