Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Exhibits

Last Wednesday afternoon I drove to Hörby for the traditional market fair. It was nice, I got tasty licorice among other things.

Thursday my father and one of his friends were in my apartment to put up the tiles in the kitchen. When I came home it was already done. I did some minor adjustments to it (scraped off excess filler). It looks very nice, the tiles are small mosaic rectangular pieces in shades of black and grey. It was the last big thing to do in the kitchen.

At work there have been quite a few visits to the storage. Friday I was there most of the day. Staff from another library came with 104 boxes of books to add to our collection. They did the shelving, thankfully.

Saturday I made an excursion to Skarhult castle. It's partly open to visitors. There are exhibits and a café. I went there mainly to see the exhibit on a Swedish woman author and adventurer. The displays were well done and told both about the happy times and the tragedies in her life. The books she wrote were on display; all of them borrowed from our library. I also viewed the permanent exhibit on women of power; one character and century per room. These women were the true rulers of the castle.

No comments: