Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Midsummer holiday

Last week was a four-day work week. I was at the storage three times to shelve and had desk duty twice. We were busy, to say the least.

Thursday evening I drove to the summerhouse. There was lots of traffic and it took longer than normal. I had to take a detour to avoid a block due to road construction. The Midsummer weekend was spent mostly eating and relaxing. Just like many other times I got burnt by the sun. I never learn, apparently. We also visited a car boot fleamarket and I went to Ă…hus twice for large icecreams. Marvellous. Sunday I jumped into the ocean for the first time this season. I'm guessing it was around 18 degrees in the water. It was tolerable.

This week at work is slower. Many people are on vacation. Yesterday we got summer workers, two young women. They are learning how to retrieve and shelve now. Later there will be projects at the storage also.

We have started many of the portable fans at the library because it's getting really hot. This week there will be up to 30 degrees here. Hardly a cloud in the sky.

No comments: