Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Pink wallpaper

Wednesday last week we saw four colleagues going into retirement. All of them had decades of experience. They will be missed very much.

Thursday was the national holiday and I spent it in Denmark, like I usually do. I made a trip by train and ferry to Elsinore. It was 28 degrees and sunny. It was an ordeal because of the weather. I did some shopping at an outlet store and couldn't resist buying Danish cheese again. It smells terribly but it really tastes great.

Friday was not a working day. My mother and her boyfriend came to visit that day. First they admired my new kitchen and then they put up the wallpaper. It took most of the day but it turned out very well. My walls are now pink with a faint floral pattern.

Saturday I drove to Ikea in Helsingborg. I got some small things for the kitchen, like new dinner plates (to match the walls...) and a curtain rod. There is a mall next to Ikea, so I went shopping for a top. The bonus check meant that I got it at no cost.

Monday we had four days of returns to handle again. There was so much that the desk staff had to stay on an hour after closing just to return books. Monday I also gave a guided tour of some areas on the ground floor. I showed my colleagues where all the small physical catalogs are placed. We have several old drawers with catalog cards; one is for journal articles, another for daily newspapers and yet another for non-Swedish dissertations. And a few more.

No comments: