Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Lots of desk duty

It was another busy week at the library. Three meetings, none of them was pleasant. There are problems in most departments right now, mainly because many people are sick or injured. One colleague had a bad accident involving a bicycle, where she landed face down on asphalt. She has now promised to wear a helmet in the future (we all asked her if she had or not). At work I had more desk duty than a normal week and also had to do the storage round one day (even though I'm technically exempt from that heavy job). In general, people have noticed that I'm back after vacation so I get involved in all sorts of discussions. Since I now drive to work every day, I have taken the opportunity to do some short excursions on my way home in the afternoons. It's mostly because I'm curious of outlet stores and charity shops I have never been to before. There were only some small purchases made. I have in fact given a lot more to charity than I have bought recently.

My mother and her boyfriend are now back in BorĂ¥s for the winter. The summerhouse is closed down. It's rather dark and rainy here at this time of year. There are also some pretty bad storms.

No comments: