Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Third week of vacation

Monday I voted for the parliamentary election. The actual voting day is Sep 9 but I chose to vote earlier. That same afternoon I attended a crisis meeting at work. Bad things have happened and they are struggling to make the daily chores. One colleague had an accident and is off for three months and several others have partial or full sick-leave for other reasons. I can't help them, my vacation is fully booked. We did however discuss changes when I return to work in mid-Spetember.

Wednesday-Friday I was in London. Mainly to go shopping. The hotel was surprisingly good; close to a subway station and breakfast was included and also edible. This is not common, in my experience. I usually visit the Hard Rock Cafe while in a big city and this time was no exception. I was seated next to the kitchen and it was entertaining to see the staff work. I recommend the hot fudge brownie for dessert. There was a new feature with some added memorabilia (mostly guitars but also a stage outfit Madonna had donated) in a vault, which I looked at. The shopping took me in all directions, some places like Hammersmith I had never been to before. I visited a large number of charity shops and clothing stores. In total I came home with seven pieces of garment, underwear and a handbag.

Yesterday I drove to the nearest mall to give weeded items to charity. With the way I have been shopping recently I had to get rid of some of my old clothes. I have to say I'm very happy about my car. It is very practical. I will not have to wait for a train or a bus and will be able to get to places out in the countryside. I can tell already now it's going to make me even more lazy...

And during the visit in BorĂ¥s earlier my mother gave me a hair cut. Sadly, all the beautiful curls are now gone. My hair is straight and short again.

No comments: