Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, September 24, 2018

Back to work

The first work week after my vacation was rather busy. There were quite a few tasks to attend to. Because of the straining situation I now have desk duty more often and also help my boss who had to take one desk duty even though he really doesn't have time. Last week we had the first meeting in the crisis team. We are about eight people who formed a team which will organize rescue operations for the books in case of water damage. We have experience from several different water leaks so we have made more formal preparations. There are now boxes with superabsorbents and plastic material to use if books get soaked. It may seem odd but the best way to save a wet book is to freeze it. So if there are large volumes we have to get them into freeze storage (which we don't have here). I hope this crisis team will never have to take action.

Friday I drove to the summerhouse in the afternoon. Saturday we went to visit our relatives in Vittsjö, which is in northern part of Skåne. We had a good time eating and talking, even though the weather was very bad with rainstorms and high winds. Sunday my mother wanted to go to the brand new shopping center in Kristianstad so I drove there. It was very nice, not excessively large with a good selection of stores. I got a pair of boots at reduced price because there were opening-weekend offers. We also got some groceries. In the afternoon I stopped by at my father's place on the way home. I was treated to moose steak with chanterelle sauce. Apple pie for dessert. I'm saying my father's girlfriend can really cook.

No comments: