Welcome to Tessa's blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back to work

The few days before I had to go back to work I tried to cure my cold and just take it easy. Sunday I took the train to Svågertorp south from here, to do some shopping on behalf of my mother. She has started on a project involving making a lot of oven mittens and aprons, and she needed some fabric and other materials for it. She intends to sell the items she makes at the Christmas market at Furuboda.

Monday was the first day at work after the two month vacation. It didn't take too long before I got into the work pattern. I did manage to get in through the door to the old collection right away. Remembering pin codes and passwords is not always so easy after a long absence. Wading through the large amounts of messages and postings on the intranet has taken a lot of the time this week. I was told that the computer genius working in the stacks got a new job elsewhere, which is very sad for us because he is very talented and has helped developing the database.

Tuesday evening I joined 27 of my colleagues for a bowling event in Malmö. It was arranged by the social club at work. We first had a very nice buffet style dinner, and then we divided up in teams of four or five and spent an hour bowling. We were equally bad at it, since none of us really had any previous experience to speak of, but we all had a great time. It was rated one of the best events arranged by the social club, judging from the comments afterwards.

Today I learned about the results from the US presidential election, and all I'm going to say is that I hope he can make a change for the better.

No comments: