Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Kitchen finished (almost)

After seven weeks my father and his girlfriend finished the renovation of my kitchen this Friday. They have stayed at my place most weekdays, taking a huge interest in this project. I'm very happy with the result. The difference from the old kitchen is quite large. Now I have the dishwasher in a floor cabinet so I can use the counter top also on the right-hand side of the sink. The sink is smaller, since I never used the left one of the double sink I had before. The doors don't slam every time I close them. They basically close themselves, pretty soundless. The space for the fridge is bigger so now I can get a normal size fridge (and I will as soon as the present one gives up its breath - I have had it for 12 years). The only things left are the tiles and wallpaper, they will have to be put up later.

Over the weekend I spent many hours trying to get the items back into the kitchen cupboards. In addition, it generated three piles of stuff: one to charity, one to the summerhouse and one to the attic. I had to clean everything also. The amount of dust is mind-blowing.

Saturday was yet another shopping day. This weekend the car boot sale outside Lund opened for the season. It requires a car to get there and this was my first visit. It was a large area to cover but I made several purchases at very affordable prices. Some books and a wall shelf, for instance. Then I continued on to a charity shop that had an Easter sale. Everything with Easter theme was offered, like egg cups, colored feathers and anything with chickens on. Since I collect egg cups it was a great opportunity. I ended up buying seven egg cups.

This week at work was very tough. We lost one of our temporary workers and a new study period began. We had so many requests we had problems coping. And we have even moved the deadline to 1 PM. The storage round this Monday didn't manage all the requests, so I went to the storage in the afternoon also.

No comments: