Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Research and shopping

Last week at work was for the most part endurable but some incidents brought us down a little. Wednesday I overslept again and this time it created delays for the others. Not fun. I was at the storage one afternoon to look for three books my colleagues hadn't found. Remarkably, I didn't find them either.

The library boss asked for genealogy help on behalf of a friend. I hope she understood that this meant I did the research during working hours... It was a little tricky but I solved the case relatively quickly.

Saturday  morning I went to the regional archive. I had two requests and needed to use the databases there. There was success in only one case. The other, regarding an emigrant, will not be solved. After the archive visit I went shopping for some various items like window cleaning liquid, planting soil and a crossword magazine. Late afternoon I got a surprise visit from my father and his girlfriend. They had been to Ikea and made a stop here on the way back. While here they made some minor adjustments to a cabinet in my kitchen. We also had fika.

Sunday I also went to Ikea. I returned more things we didn't use for the kitchen renovation. Naturally, I also made some purchases. I got some very practical things like plastic covers for clothes and boxes to have under the bed. There was a lunch offer with Easter theme; shrimp salad, salmon and yellow cake. Not bad at all.

No comments: