Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, July 16, 2018

Summer sales

Last week it was yet again incredibly hot weather here. It's very dry everywhere. There are several forest fires raging in northern Sweden right now.

At work I spent as much time as possible at the storage, where there is a constant temperature of 18 degrees. I brought the two extra workers to shelve most days. This week we are only two people in the stacks, plus those two extra. It's manageable, even though we have more requests than I expected at this time of year (and with this weather).

This past weekend was the first one I didn't go to the summerhouse in quite some time. Instead I travelled to Ystad, a very nice seaside town on the south coast of Skåne. There was an international food market, a flea market and most stores had started the summer sales. The icecream stand at the square had the same kind of brand as in Åhus. I chose pecan and chocolate flavors this time. Very tasty.

Some afternoons I have travelled to different malls in the region, and also to Helsingborg. I have been looking for more short pants and found one black pair on sale. Also a jeans skirt in a second hand store.

Sunday I had to clean up in my apartment. It looked absolutely terrible. I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, went to the recycling place with paper/plastic, went grocery shopping and did some handwashing. I also watched the nations cup show jumping event and the soccer world championship final on TV.

No comments: