Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, July 9, 2018

Market

Last week was another hot one. I spent some time shelving at the storage (where there is a constant temperature of 18 degrees) to avoid the worst climate. One of the temporary workers also helped with shelving.

The hot weather has meant that my tomato plant is growing quite fast. I have actually remembered to water it. There has already been about ten yellow tomatoes to eat. They were very nice.

Wednesday afternoon I went by bus to Hörby, where there was the annual market fair. It started already in the 18th century and is one of the oldest traditional markets here. I got some small things; a plastic bucket, napkins and some licorice.

Rather surprisingly, the Swedish soccer team made it to the quarter final but was there beaten by England. It doesn't happen often that the Swedish team makes it that far so they did well.

This weekend was yet again spent at the summerhouse. This time I had invited a colleague and she had a car so she drove us. She also brought her dog. We covered a couple of fleamarkets on the Saturday. I got a bedside table for the summerhouse. Sunday my mother took care of the dog so we could go to Åhus to be tourists. We looked at the very small museum and then had a very large icecream. It was very much worth the money. Near the marina I spotted a clothing store and was lucky to find a pair of short pants and a top on sale. Even though the ocean water was rather cold (15-17 degrees) we jumped in twice. It was a great weekend.

No comments: