Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, July 30, 2018

Simrishamn market

We have 30 degrees indoors at work (outside it's 33). Last week I was supposed to have two desk duties but managed to persuade someone else to do that so I could go to the storage instead. I found out today that the air conditioning at the storage can't cope with this climate so it's up to 22 degrees there now (should be 18). Still, it's much better than at the main library. I have been sitting at someone else's desk for the time I need to use a computer. One of my colleagues works part time so I can use his desk in the afternoons. It's located in the basement so it's better than on the 5th floor.

In my apartment it's an acceptable climate because I can open the kitchen window and the balcony door to get air to ventilate. My bedroom is too hot so I sleep on the couch instead.

This past weekend did not turn out the way I had planned. I was really supposed to go to Landskrona carnival but that did not happen. Friday evening my mother called me and said they were going to the market in Simrishamn Saturday. She asked me to join them so I did. Simrishamn is a seaside town in the southeastern part of Skåne. It's a long train ride, more than two hours. We had a good time at the market; I bought a dress, a scarf and a tunic. For lunch we had an upscale pizza at a nice restaurant where we sat outdoors under the trees in the back yard. When we were done it was 50 minutes until my next train so instead I went with my mother and her boyfriend to the summerhouse. It meant that I missed taking my medicine one day but I don't think that will be a problem. That evening I went swimming in the ocean. It was great, it must have been 25 degrees and fun waves. Sunday morning I did the same but the water was colder and no waves. It was still very enjoyable though. After one fleamarket and relaxing time on the deck I returned home Sunday evening.

No comments: