Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, July 23, 2018

July heat record

Last week it was the same procedure as the previous one - I spent as much time at the storage as possible. Some afternoons I have travelled to a few indoor malls to check out the summer sales but there have been very few purchases made. Wednesday it did actually rain a little. It had no particular effect on anything. This July will be the hottest in 260 years. The farmers are experiencing great difficulties. They don't have enough food for their animals and the crops will be very limited.

There are many forest fires in Sweden right now. Some of them are out of control. There are hundreds of firefighters on their way from France, Germany, Poland, Denmark and other countries to help us. They bring helicopters and other material also. We are grateful for this. The fires have historic proportions.

Saturday I went to Eslöv, which is a small town north of Lund. There really isn't much to do there. I went to a second hand bookstore I had heard about but never visited before. It was very well organized. I bought a book on emigration. After visiting a charity shop I went for lunch at the local pizza place. This was basically what I had energy for.

No comments: