Welcome to Tessa's blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another trip to Kristianstad

Monday after work I took the train to Kristianstad. I met the Andersons at Grand Hotel and then we walked over to the Department of Culture and Leisure at the city administration building. Kristina, who was the secretary of the Leroy Anderson committee, had arranged a meeting there. All the orchestra leaders, choir organizers, committee members and music school teachers who had taken part in the concert on April 26 were present. Tommy handed out plaques with inscriptions commemorating the event to them. This was our way of saying Thank You to all the participants. It was nice to talk to people and hear their stories of the April 26 concert. At 9 p.m. I had to leave, and said goodbye to the Andersons. They travelled to Stockholm yesterday and the next time I will see them will be in the United States. It was great that Eleanor, Kurt, Ivan, Rolf & Sharon could come here and experience some of the events related to Leroy Anderson.

It has been a tough week at work so far and the rest will be the same. It will not be possible to make all the preparations for my absence by Friday, so I have to go there again on Monday. After work today I took the bus to a mall called Nova. There is a huge warehouse where they sell electronic equipment. I had consulted my more technically gifted colleagues, they recommended a certain brand and I took their advice. I ended up purchasing a Canon Ixus digital camera in a pink color. It is my first digital camera!

No comments: