Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dusty books

I have spent almost the entire weekend in front of the computer. The Andersons will arrive in about a week and there are lots of questions sent back and forth via e-mail. It's pretty convenient to use e-mail, and I'm glad I have a computer at home.

This weekend I have also done the regular laundry and grocery shopping. The work week was one day shorter, but it didn't feel like it. It was especially hard work on Friday, when I loaded nine carts with very dusty books at a remote storage and hauled them in a large van to the main library. It's old dissertations that we are going to discard, but I have to go through them first to see if we need duplicates of any. It's over 140 shelf-meters in total, and we will be happy to get rid of them, because we are in desperate need of more space.

No comments: