Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008


I did go to my mother's place this past weekend, despite the risk of getting sick. My mother had been sick for a couple of weeks already, and didn't have so much energy. It was my birthday on Saturday and it was quietly celebrated in the presence of my aunt Elna. She gave me a large chocolate bar, which was much appreciated. My sister had left a book for me, entitled Chocolate Passion, and that was also very suitable. It contained an interesting recipe for brownies, among many other sweets. I might try that some day. My mother was busy making my present, so I didn't get it then. She crocheted a piece of decoration for my kitchen lampshade.

The Saturday morning was spent visiting all the three regular flea markets in Åhus, and one yard sale. I needed a glass bowl for the Leroy Anderson exhibit (for candy) and found one very cheaply. Also a large pie tin made of glass.

Sunday we had lunch at Furuboda with my father and his girlfriend. They gave me a table runner and four table mats. Later in the afternoon my mother and I went to the greenhouse at Furuboda for a garden "inspiration day". We were 12 people attending it, and two instructors. We got to use any of the flowers and plants to make our own arrangements for the balcony/outdoors. I came home with a small wooden box (looked like a tool box) with three flowers in it, and a silver thread decoration in the shape of a heart that I had created by bending silver thread. It was very nice to get access to all those plants, we could choose whatever we wanted. I thought it was fun to make the silver pieces, and helped some of the others making hearts also.

Monday was a long day. It started at the dentist in the morning. Not pleasant, but I had no real cavities. He discovered a cracked dental work and a wisdom tooth that needs to be removed, but he didn't have time, so I got a new appointment in May. Clothes shopping and lunch with my mother afterwards. When we were done we had a few more hours, so we visited my mother's cousin Inga, aged 85. She is in a retirement center and when we got there, she was in the common hall playing bingo with some other seniors. We had a nice chat about family history. At five I had to go to the Leroy Anderson Centennial Committee meeting. The Department of Culture had moved since last time, so it was a little difficult to locate it. There were no signs yet. But all of us finally got there, and we held the last meeting before the big event. We had a lot to talk about. We hope and think that we can put on a pretty good show on the 26th - 700 participants and 1300 in the audience will make it a memorable concert. After the meeting I returned to Kävlinge again by train.

Starting the work week on a Tuesday wasn't a good thing. I cannot believe how many mistakes I made. I misinterpreted some of the handwritten requests, put a request on my desk and then completely forgot about it and a few other things. And the computer system had been changed over the weekend, so when I started it, it spent a long time installing programs and up-dating itself. Right now I have desk duty and there haven't been any visitors the past two hours. It's a little boring.

No comments: