Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mail order

We got one day of winter so far, and that was yesterday. It was white frost on the ground and four centigrades below zero. The sun was shining and it was great weather. Today it's yet again five degrees above zero and the frost melted very quickly. So boring.

For the first time in several years, I bought some clothes from a mail order catalog. Most of it actually fitted me. There was one top that I think had an incorrect tag, it was much too small. But I'm happy with the new bathing suit, the brown top and skirt, and the underwear.

I have given a copy of the Norra Strö emigrant list to the library in Kristianstad. I just heard from a woman who had looked to see if her relatives were in it. They were, and she contacted me to ask if I knew more. I could give her quite a lot of information. She asked about two sisters who lived in Maywood, IL, and I have most of the Swedes there cataloged, so it was easy to answer.

No comments: