Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Ikea visit

All the cabinets are now in place in my kitchen. Incredible, but true. We had to go to Ikea again this Saturday because one large piece was missing. Of course, I also bought other things there. Ikea also treated us to lunch. This was because I had made such a large purchase for the kitchen renovation. There is a lot more to do with the renovation, there are no interiors in the cabinets yet, for instance. It has been a somewhat complicated life the past month. My apartment is small. There are boxes everywhere, the dry and canned food are in my bedroom blocking the closet, the sawdust gets into everything and several times I have had to buy a new item even though I have one already because I can't find it right now.

At work it's fairly slow, it seems like it's in between studying periods right now. I had to be a driver for the storage round yesterday. My colleague who was going there does not have a driver's licence. Normally it's a requirement but she is here temporarily and mostly has desk duty. While I was at the storage I did a list of all the collections there. We are going to produce a detailed map of the storage later. Last week we had a fire drill. The staff members in my department had to prove that they can put out a fire using an extinguisher and a fire blanket. We all passed the test.

No comments: