Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Wallpaper

Last week at work contained a large number of meetings. One of them lasted 2 and 1/2 hours. It was challenging. One other meeting meant that the library didn't open until 1 in the afternoon. An architect held a presentation for us, where he showed a couple of suggestions for a complete remake of our open space in the library. We approved of his ideas, and he seems to have really engaged himself in this matter. Now, getting money from the university to do this is a different thing. It will be costly.

Friday we got a new staff member. I gave a short introduction. She will mostly work at the information desk but will help us in the stacks in the mornings. 

Wednesday I received my Christmas present from work. You had to choose an item from a website. I opted for two designer mugs.

I have been looking for new wallpaper and tiles for my kitchen. It's not easy to make a decision about these things. I have more or less decided on cabinets and some other things, I will get that from Ikea. The doors will be white, and I'm thinking blue tiles and pink (sort of) wallpaper. We'll see what happens.

Sunday I went on a road trip to the north. I made a stop at one large thrift store in the countryside and then drove through forests with frosty trees. There was some snow but it was not a problem to drive. I ended up in Höör, where I got some groceries and looked through another thrift store.  

Monday this week it was time for yet another education session. There were some students and new employees that needed information about the library catalog.

No comments: