Welcome to Tessa's blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Kitchen details

Thursday last week I went to see a local revue in the evening. I had been given a ticket and went with a friend. A revue is a sort of comedy cabaret show, where there are both talk acts and singing acts. This one is very local and completely impossible to explain in English. It was very fun. Several times the artists had to wait for the audience to stop laughing before continuing.

Saturday I made another visit to Ikea in Malmö. After about two hours of changing the kitchen layout and making many decisions about cabinet formats and other things, I placed the big order. The pieces will be delivered later. While I was there anyway, I bought some small things like interiors for the drawers and a wall shelf.

Sunday I went to work, intending to get some chores done. It did not happen. I have been asked to contribute to the yearly historical society publication  and for this had to translate an old document from 1627. Back then this area belonged to Denmark. It was very difficult to decipher the document and I had to ask a colleague for help. He had managed to read most of it, so I spent the Sunday translating the Danish text into Swedish.

Monday I got a hair cut. I usually ask to have it cut as short as possible, and she really did. I hardly need to use any shampoo now. I have also been to the dentist. After going to the publicly funded dentist service for a few years I gave that up and have chosen a private practitioner. It's expensive but the quality is higher. February is flu season. Several colleagues are sick. I have a cold but I'm at work anyway. It's not that bad.

My father is busy working in my kitchen most weekdays. Right now he is sanding the ceiling and scraping off old paint from the wooden details. The stove, fridge and water is still there but will have to be removed soon. It's difficult to do any cooking. Though yesterday I managed to make a pizza which my father praised quite a lot.

No comments: