Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, January 28, 2019

First week of the semester

Last week was the first of the semester. We noticed this very much. There were incredible amounts of requests. At the same time the system we use for processing call slips decided to break down. The printer also. When I finally managed to get the right call slips printed, several of them lacked both title and author. Those details are quite important when you search for books. I'm glad I have strong nerves. Getting the call slips printed and sorted is my most important task at the library. If that fails, the consequences are quite serious. Most books did get out to the pick-up shelves but a few hours later than normal. We missed the noon deadline most days but that's understandable.

The weekend was spent at home. The weather wasn't that good, it snowed and rained. I had things to do in the kitchen. Both some cooking and moving items from there to the attic.

No comments: