Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, January 21, 2019

Archive open house

This Saturday some archives had open houses with lectures, book sales and information booths. I drove to Malmö City Archive to attend a lecture on old photographs. The archive was very crowded, it's incredible how this particular place attracts visitors. There were so many people that I didn't get a seat for the lecture. I had to stand outside the room and look at the presentation through a window.

While I was in that area anyway, I did a tour of the thrift stores. Again, I bought books for the library. This shopping has meant that I have been able to fill gaps at the Royal Library in Stockholm also. After the visit to central Malmö I went for lunch at Ikea and in their food store I got a jar of cloudberry jam. It's very tasty.

Over the weekend I removed all the Christmas ornaments and did some cleaning. In preparing for that big renovating project mentioned earlier, I started to get the kitchen items into storage in the attic. At the same time I tried to weed a little. It's amazing how much stuff you gather in cupboards and drawers.

No comments: