Welcome to Tessa's blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Start of new year

The beginning of the work year was pretty much like expected. I have had time to do a few minor projects and the number of requests have been rather low. It picked up this Monday and of course that's also when the system for handling these requests decided to break down. After some TLC from the technician it started again. He couldn't explain why it went down. We have the two extra workers another two weeks so I try to make the most of it now. Last week I attended a course in advanced Excel for librarians. I use Excel some in my job for statistics and collection lists. The teacher was a 22-year old guy and I have rarely had such a good teacher. We were all amazed. It was a very useful course and we all discovered new aspects to the system.

Sunday a week and a half ago my father came to visit again. We had lunch at a local restaurant and then watched sports on TV. We also discussed a large renovating project in my apartment.

This Saturday I went on an extensive fleamarket round in Malmö. It was daring of me because I can't really find my way in that city. It's large with lots of traffic. It turned out to be no problems at all driving there. Not even finding parking spaces proved difficult. I visited five second hand stores to buy books for the library. Also went shopping at a mall and had lunch at a burger place.

The weather is rather rainy and windy. There were some traffic problems this Monday morning, when it snowed, but apart from that it's not really a typically Swedish winter yet.

No comments: