Welcome to Tessa's blog

Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas music

There was a cold spell a week ago, when I had to scrape the ice off the windshield a few days in a row. It is now a lot warmer, about ten degrees and very wet. The month of December is dark here and many people decorate for the up-coming holiday early. My star is up in the window and I have spent some evenings making decorations with beads and wire.

Last week one of my collegues returned part-time from maternity leave. She needed training in the new database since she hadn't seen any of it. Thursday I held one of those lectures on biographical works I usually give when there are enough new employees who are interested. I handed out a long list of titles and brought some of the books to show.

The weekend was very busy. Saturday morning I brought some discarded things (both from me and my friend Eva) to a charity shop in Lund. Of course, I couldn't resist also to shop there. Only some small things.  At 1 PM I met my father at the History museum. This weekend was the re-opening after repairs and entrance was free. There was a new display with finds of gold and silver items from an old grave field close to where my father lives. We spent hours in the museum and actually covered all the displays; curiosities, flint material, animal skeletons, barbaricum, classical statues, cathedral interiors, coin collection and treasures. All of it very interesting. After a late lunch with my father we parted ways and I continued on to a church in southern Lund. There was a small concert with the choir and a piano player. The theme was songs of the season. One of my colleagues is in the choir. Nice event, but sadly rather few attendants. I heard later that they had forgotten to include the event in their online calendar.

Sunday was very rainy but I decided on yet another thrift store round in the countryside. This time to a large place I had bever been to before. Incredible amount of Christmas ornaments for sale there. Didn't get any of that, but instead bought four books for the library. In the evening there was a concert in the local church. I walked across town to attend. It was the Police force band and choir giving their annual Christmas concert. Very nice event. The church was filled to the last seat.

No comments: