Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018

One more funeral

Last weekend Ikea started offering their Christmas buffet. I couldn't resist it, I drove to Ikea in Helsingborg on the Sunday for this. Really great pickled herring selection. For dessert there was homemade ostkaka Småland style with strawberry jam and whipped cream. Amazing.

The week at work started with two days of some janitor work. The two regular janitors were off on a staff conference. I handled the boxes with transport books and the incoming mail. One other colleague helped also. During the week I processed a large number of donated books (some of them had been on a storage shelf for years). They are now visible in the catalogue. There is more to do with this, especially since I found an additional ten books for the library at thrift stores these past few days.

This week there have been many sales because of Black Friday. It's a concept we have copied from the US. I did go to a mall but only bought some small things, like a new bed sheet and a top. The visit to Eslöv yesterday resulted in some underwear at 20% off also.

Friday morning I drove to my ancestral origin, Norra Strö. I attended the funeral for my uncle's wife. She had been ill for some time. She was the third relative laid to rest at Strö church in only six months. The church was almost full. She knew many people since she was active in the local community. Some of the attendants I hadn't seen since the 1990s. After the funeral my father and I drove to his place for lunch and book talk.

No comments: