Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Lots of great food

Last week I gave one more lecture on biographical works. My engagement in the education team meant that I have started to write a manuscript for an online film. It will be an instructional film on how to manage the database and handle check outs of books, returns and renewals. The work is going slowly, this is new territory for me.

Wednesday afternoon I attended a lecture at the Archive center. The University archivist had published a book containing stories about some of the students and professors he had encountered in the archive material. He showed some of this material and talked about these odd characters. It was a very entertaining lecture.

Friday there was After Work at a restaurant. Two colleagues got new jobs elsewhere and were seen off. It was a noisy but fun event, also the hamburger was worth the money.

During the weekend I decorated the apartment in the spirit of the season. There is now an overloaded tree in the living room and Christmas ornaments everywhere. It sparkles and glimmers. Sunday my father and his girlfriend came to pick me up. We went to Ikea in Helsingborg. I had told them about the marvelous Christmas buffet and after tasting it they totally agreed. Great food. We also went through the store and got some small things.

Monday I took leave and went by train and ferry to Helsingör (Elsinore) in Denmark. It's a nice town with several charity shops and one outlet store with plus sizes. I got three tops, all on sale. For lunch I had a typically Danish dish; fish and chips with remoulade sauce. I couldn't resist buying some Danish cheese also, the kind that smells a lot. It was a very nice visit to Denmark, despite the high winds and rain.

No comments: