Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Slow beginnings

Time for the first entry this year. The beginning has been mostly slow. The first week there were four working days. For some reason Twelfth Day is a holiday here. Our database was down for an upgrade, so we didn't have so many requests. The students are lazy and can't be bothered to fill in a request by hand. But we still kept busy with shelving and I also made a serious attempt at clearing my desk. For Christmas we got to pick a present from a website, and it arrived this past week. It was a white throw with dalahorses on. Very nice.

I got two more packages this past week. One bath towel my sister had won in a slogan competition (or perhaps they gave them away, sometimes you can get things for free if you send in the barcode from the product). I also bought some things (on sale) on mail order, just two tops and some underwear. For being the after-Christmas season, I haven't been shopping at all much. I don't really need anything. Travelling has been difficult also, and I don't want to stay in Lund longer than I have to, because of the risk of train cancellations.

Right now we have a more normal winter here. It's a lot milder and the snow is melting quite fast. There is still ice underneath, so it's treacherous to walk on. I haven't been out much this weekend, just to get groceries. I have watched winter sports on TV and spent hours taking down the Christmas ornaments. I only have the curtains left now, and then I have to bring the tree back to the attic. It's kind of sad to remove all of it, it has made this dark time brighter. Like I suspected, I couldn't fit all the ornaments in the boxes, because I have bought more items.

No comments: