Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pirates

The days seem to rush by too fast. This past week I have had the annoying habit of falling asleep on the couch while watching TV in the evenings. I didn't get much done apart from work, really. My sister's birthday was Tuesday and she received a gift certificate to go on a photograph- and nature-excursion this summer, hosted by one of Sweden's most talented nature photographers.

Desk duty last week was Friday, to my great surprise. I didn't realize it until I was all ready to go there Thursday afternoon and happened to look at the schedule. Anyway, it was rather busy. I found myself entangled in an interesting conversation about pirates in the Mediterranean in the 17th and 18th centuries. One scholar had just started to gather material about that, and he was particularly interested in the Swedish sailors who became captives then.

Yesterday I spent most of the day at work. I had to make the last preparations for the upcoming lecture on biographical works. The first one is on Wednesday and I'm beginning to wonder what I got myself into..... It's so popular that I have to do three of them. I didn't think my colleagues would be quite that interested, but it seems like librarians are easily amused.

It's spring here now, at least technically speaking. It's about 5-7 centigrades out and the snowdrops are blooming in the park. It's also much lighter and we all appreciate that.

The B & J brownie cheesecake icecream is rather tasty too.

No comments: