Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Strange weather

The past weekend was also pretty slow, but I got some things done. I did the laundry, went grocery shopping and tried to tidy up in the apartment. It's remarkable that so many things end up on the floor all the time. The candy Jeane sent to me is all gone now! I brought some of it to work and my colleagues in the stacks helped me finish it. They also thought it was delicious.

The main topic of conversation at work these days is the weather. We haven't had much of a winter this season. It's too warm. The snowdrops are blooming in the park outside the library. Someone had picked blueberries in the forest recently. I read in the newspaper that the polar ice is melting faster than anyone thought. The eco-system seems to be messed up. We have had very few days with temperatures below zero centigrades, and no snow at all. There is still a chance for snow, I assume, but the odds are low.

No comments: