Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Article writing

The main thing going on in my life concerns an article about Leroy Anderson for an American genealogy magazine. I had no idea it would be so difficult to write it. And I'm not talking about grammar or spelling. I already have the information, but turning all those details into a readable and not too boring article is a challenge. The deadline is March 1, and I hope I can make it.

Last weekend I got tired of sitting in front of the computer and went shopping instead. Friday evening I went directly from work to a mall by bus. The only thing I was looking for was new shoes, and that's exactly what I came home with. Saturday was spent in Malmö. I hadn't been there in a while, so there were lots of stores to visit. I did some clothes shopping, but nothing extravagant, just some tops to wear at work. I also went to Gray's, a cool store that sells imported American things. This is the place to purchase peanut butter, pancake mix, maple syrup, Hershey bars, marshmallows, pop tarts, nachos and barbecue spices. They also sell fridge magnets with the Simpsons, American cookbooks, table mats with Elvis, mugs with movie stars and other gift items. I got some baking mixes for future needs (my colleagues think I make tasty cakes, but few of them know that I often use mixes).....

My sister has had some luck in slogan competitions lately. She has won fine glassware, a book about chocolate, 24 tubes of toothpaste, a snowboard and a pair of skis. All in different competitions where she had written slogans/rhymes about a certain product.

No comments: