Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Renovation finished

At work the situation has calmed down and we are working more normal hours. I filled in for a sick colleague at another department one day this past week. They are only two people who register new books and apply barcodes, and the reamaining person was feeling overwhelmed. Those two have to take care of all the books that about nine cataloguers are processing, so they are busy.

My father came back to do some more work in the hall, and he finished it by Thursday. It looks very nice. The floor boards are the same as in the kitchen. I am still in the process of moving back the items. At the same time I try to weed some things to give to charity. There are a bookcase, a glass cabinet and an open wardrobe in the hall.

The past two weekends I have engaged in research. A lot. I was able to come up with a suggestion for the woman who didn't know who her father was. It turns out that this man (now deceased) had a younger daughter. So someone will soon get the surprise of a lifetime.

No comments: