Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Birthday party

Last Monday I had to go directly from home to the storage to let some people in to our part of it. We have been complaining about a specific section of the electric shelving system ever since it was installed in 2012. Now the construction company decided to measure the floor to see if it was really not level. It wasn't. The difference is up to 2 cm per 2 m floor distance. It's quite a lot. The shelves get stuck very often because of the uneven floor and it is incredibly annoying. Now, getting this fixed is a task of its own. We will have to move 3000 meters of books first, before they can try to adjust the floor.

Last week the Historical Society asked for articles to enter in the annual publication. Just like most other times, the deadline was not far away. I was able to write two pages about local folklore and then suggested they should copy a small article published in another journal in 1920. I figured no one would get upset if we stole it 100 years later.

The woman I did research for earlier has contacated her half-sister. She got really surprised and said she had always thought she was an only child. She will do a DNA test to determine if my research came up with the correct father or not.

Last Thursday I went by train and bus to Borås. When I had almost reached Göteborg I realized that I had forgotten to pack some of the clothes. When I arrived I had to go shopping for a top. Had lunch and then continued on to Borås. I stayed with my mother and her boyfriend. The activity level was rather low, we only made some short shopping trips to get presents. On Sunday my niece had the birthday party for her 10th birthday. It was a family affair, all her grandparents were there for instance. My niece was happy about her presents, which included a gold necklace, clothes and ice-skates. The next day I got a ride all the way home by my father, which I was grateful for. The weather is terrible with very high winds and flooding. Train service has been disrupted many times lately.

No comments: