Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

First week of freedom

The week at the summerhouse was very nice. I was there alone until this Friday evening, when my mother, sister and her family came. The week contained lots of different activities: several fleamarkets, farm shops and outlet stores, hiking in a national park, cookie buffet at a well-known café, large icecreams in Åhus and general touristing. I also did some research, including visits to two different libraries and the Historical Society Museum Archive (twice). I also visited some relatives to ask for newspaper clippings and old photos.

This Saturday my mother and I went on a trip to town for some errands and groceries. The photo viewing in the evening (showing recent images from travels my sister and family have done) was very entertaining. Sunday the rest left again and my mother and I drove to a garden show, which was quite nice with sales of local produce. Very early Monday morning I drove to work because I had to copy the clippings and photos I had borrowed. It has taken two days to get that sorted out. Some of my colleagues have wondered about my presence but no one has asked any questions. I will go back to the summerhouse again shortly.

No comments: