Welcome to Tessa's blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dirty Dancing

Sunday Nancy, Richard and I went downtown Chicago to see the musical Dirty Dancing. It was a wonderful show, the dancers were very talented. The musical had basically the same dialogue as the movie, and it followed the script closely. The set design was intricate with a screen showing different backgrounds and a rotating floor. The final song (I've had the time of my life) was incredible, I learned later that the guy who sang it was an opera singer. Later in the evening we had dinner at Olive Garden in Schaumburg. It was a very popular place, and we had to wait a while to get a table. It's an Italian restaurant with very tasty food.

Monday Nancy, Debbie, Nolan and I had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes in Schaumburg with Jim, Jeane, their daughter Ann and her son Trent. It was very nice to see them again, but sad to have to say goodbye. In the afternoon Nancy, Debbie and I went shopping at the mall right by the restaurant, Woodfield Mall. Nolan got a hat and mittens, but wasn't too interested in wearing them. I bought a top on sale at JC Penney. When I returned to Nancy's place I noticed that I was getting sick. I had a fever and felt generally low.

Today is Tuesday and I still feel sick, even though my temperature is down. It's at the end of my visit here, this evening I'm going to Boston to stay at a hotel for one night, and then I will start on my return trip to Sweden on Wednesday evening. If everything goes according to plan, I will be back home on Thursday afternoon, Swedish time.

No comments: