Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Visit to Höganäs

It's still very quiet at work. We are perhaps ten people in the building. Normally, there are 110 staff members. I'm the only one in my department here, so I take care of the interlibrary loans and incoming packages, as well as the internal desk. There really isn't much to do with this. The summerworkers did a very good job at the storage and are now in the main building again. Apart from desk duty, they also exchange old cardboard boxes in the stacks, shelve books and search for missing books.

I have engaged in the reference project recently. We are weeding the reference collection. It has never been done before and since this library is very old, some books have been there way too long. I'm currently reviewing the biographical works. It's my speciality, so I'm familiar with most of the titles. Even so, it's difficult to decide which books to keep there and which should be moved to the stacks. About 10-15% of the collection is moved, generally.

The weekend before last I was asked to go to a seaside town to the northeast, Höganäs. I'm pretty sure I have never been there before, which is remarkable. My sister, her husband and daughter had borrowed the family sailboat and made a stop in Höganäs. My mother and her boyfriend also came from the eastcoast. We had blueberry pie (mother's homemade) at some large benches at the harbor. Then we went on a short road trip north, to a castle. We walked in the park and visited a small museum. Later we found a barbecue place in the forest just by the ocean, where we grilled some sausages. Some family members jumped into the ocean but of course I had forgotten my swimsuit so I just sat and watched the others. In all, it was a very nice visit to Höganäs, and I might have to go back there because I noticed many signs for fleamarkets and outlet stores.

At the summersales I have made some bargains. I got two tops at 70% off, which I think is pretty affordable.

No comments: