Welcome to Tessa's blog

Friday, July 3, 2020

Great waves

Last week it was really hot weather, around 30 degrees over the weekend. I was at the summerhouse, like usual. It was marvelous to jump into the ocean. Great waves and relatively warm water. My mother's 70th birthday was not really celebrated. She wanted a short road trip as a present, we hope to do that later this summer. The residents of Sweden are now allowed to travel within the country, this means that there are huge amounts of holiday makers in Skåne.

This week it's cooler weather, and more rain. At work I have been able to do several trips to the storage. Our temporary workers are vacuuming the floors there. We try to get that done at least once a year. We actually do have a cleaning service but they only vacuum the corridors, not in between the shelves.

Our new boss is beginning to find her way in the building. It's a complicated house because it has been added on several times and not all elevators go to the same floors. We had a long meeting, where I tried to explain what I actually do here. She knew a fair amount of it already but needed more details. She sat next to me one morning when I printed the requests, so she got some insight in that part of the job. 

Yesterday one of the residents of my birth town was laid to rest. We were not related but she was very interested in the local community and always encouraged me to do more research. Especially if it meant that the historical society would get a copy of the results. The funeral was different for several reasons. It was held outdoors in the pasture, in between the historical society museum and her residence. It was broadcast live on the funeral parlor's website. I attended by watching online. Rest in peace, Rose-Marie.

No comments: