Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Ikea lunch

The RFID tagging in the open collection was finished earlier than expected. They were done this past Friday. They have the reference collection to do next. I have also taught the extra workers how to change call numbers in our database, so that they can help out weeding the books that should be moved to the closed stacks.

Saturday a week ago it was the biannual Amnesty book fleamarket so I went there to get books for the library. The selection was not as good as previous years but I managed to find seven books. I was there with a colleague, she bought books for herself.

The research for the university boss continues. I have had long hours at work because of this tagging project so I have done most of the research on weekends. I have too much overtime and needed to take leave for a few days so the other days I had to work even more. This past week I took Tuesday and Wednesday off because there were some work to be done in my apartment. I don't like to hand over the key to someone else so I was at home when they adjusted the radiators the first day and made changes to the internet connection the next day. The first guy came early in the morning so I drove to Ikea in Helsingborg afterwards. I had a marvellous lunch there - the Christmas buffet. The herring is really tasty. Småland style ostkaka for dessert, with strawberry jam and whipped cream. Incredible.

This past week I got one more research request. I have done research for him before, he is a brother of a former colleague. He treated me for lunch and handed over his research. He had done a very good job with it, there were source references to everything and it was clearly written. There were some gaps in it that he asked me to investigate.

No comments: