Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Exhausting weekend

Since it was our national holiday on Friday, the library was closed. I went to Field's shopping center at Örestad near the Copenhagen airport. It's very convenient to go by train, it stops 200 meters from the entrance. Quite a few people had come to the conclusion that the stores in Denmark were open that day, so the trains were crowded and there were lots of Swedes in the shopping center. I didn't shop that much, just some underwear and a pair of summer pants. I decided to try a new restaurant in the food court, a Mexican place called Nachos. Pretty good food, but I wonder how much of it was really inspired by the Mexican cuisine. It wasn't particularly spicy. In the evening I drove, once again, to my mother's place.

Saturday my mother and I went to a department store to get some birthday presents for my nephew John. We ended up with some toys, but also other things like plants. So when we came home, I planted these flowers in the yard, and watered everything. It hasn't rained in a long time now, the earth is very dry. The entire weekend it was stifling hot weather. In the afternoon I went on a meeting at Furuboda. I was given instructions for the flea market in July. There is a risk/chance (depending on how you look at it) that I will be the one in charge of the whole thing this year. My mother has health issues, and I don't know if they can find anyone else. In the evening I walked down to the beach, just to see if the water was warm. It usually takes a while for the ocean to get so warm that it's possible to go fo a swim, but this year it seems to already be very ok to jump in. I didn't bring my swimsuit though, but I walked in the water for a while.

Today we met my aunt and uncle for lunch at Furuboda. It was very nice to see them, and we had a lot to talk about. We invited them for coffee and ice-cream afterwards.

After the usual cleaning, washing, watering, and tidying up I finally drove back to Kävlinge this evening.

No comments: