Welcome to Tessa's blog

Friday, August 13, 2021

Soon vacation

It has been a long and tiring summer in the stacks at the library. Mostly because of the hot weather. The summerworkers have been efficient and got many projects done. Today we had chocolate cake to see them off. 

My vacation starts now, at least in theory. Already on Tuesday I have to go to the storage to receive a shipment with journals from a faculty library. It's easier if I don't have anything else that day. 

The Olympic Games just ended. I didn't watch that much because of the time difference. Sweden got three gold medals; show jumping, pole vaulting and the discus. 

Most weekends I have visited at the summerhouse. The activity level has been rather low. We did get to a few fleamarkets and also a historic mill where they baked bread in a wood-fired oven. I spent last weekend at home, going on a road trip on the Saturday. I went to a total of seven fleamarkets, some of which I had never been to before. The results were meagre, only a few books for the library.

The weather is cooler now, thankfully. The ocean temperature is lower also, sadly.

No comments: