Welcome to Tessa's blog

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Committee

The effects of the corona virus means that everybody who can will have to work from home now. It's not possible for me to retrieve books from a distance, so I have to be present at the library. People don't talk about anything else these days. We expect the university to be closed down soon. The library is not a critical institution for survival so we will probably be sent home within a few weeks. Most of Denmark will be closed for the next two weeks to try to prevent the virus from spreading. This will most likely happen here also.

I have been appointed to take part in a committee that will produce a collection development plan. We had the first meeting today. It will be a long process to get this done.

I have done even more research in my DNA matches and their trees. It's interesting to dig into the past. Some lost emigrants have been found and more details have been added to my own tree. The dream is to find my grandmother's grandmother's brother who was lost in the US. Perhaps one day...

No comments: