Welcome to Tessa's blog

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Article issues

Both weekends were spent at work to write on the article on the local libary in my hometown. By chance I came across a newspaper article from 1950 where a bookmobile service was reported to have started in that area. There was a photo from my town where six girls asked the librarian for adventure books. The librarian was also interviewed. It was a great addition to my article but it presents a big problem. The current bookmobile librarian told me this service started in 1972. This is also stated in the literature about the main county library. There is a gap of 22 years here. Most likely, the service in 1950 was discontinued shortly afterwards, but I can't find any information about that. This is typical of research - when you find more clues on the subject, it inevitably yields more questions.

At work I have given more guided tours of our catalogs. I had two desk duties and one storage round. The past week we also had quite a few meetings. We have started to have informal meetings every Monday morning, which is a good idea. The technicians hosted a national conference on the database system we use but I couldn't attend because of other tasks.

No comments: